Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Old School ^_^

I only began writing poetry consistently when I was a sophomore in high school ... but while I was in junior high, we were required to write poems as well. Of course, back then my grammar and vocabulary were rather limited, but I was still able to create these poems ... old school poems hehe. Enjoy.

When The Rain Goes Away

Outside I will see
My friends happily,
And then I will play
When the rain goes away.

The sun will shine bright
Until it becomes night.
Then, I will sleep in the hay
When the rain goes away.

Then morning will come
With the big morning sun.
Then I'll play all day
When the rain goes away.

By: Jocelyn A. Uy (c) 1994

Hate

Devilish redness in my eye.
You can see the darkness in the sky.
When it comes to you, you will shout out,
"Hate is here!" Hate, you shout!

A crooked smile on an evil face,
Comes straight to you like a cheetah on pace.
You think to yourself, "Why, oh why?"
It's because hate loves you, that's why.

When the darkness ends, and the sun comes out
The people will praise you! They shout out ...
"Hate has left you, hate is gone!
It just left at the stroke of dawn."

By: Jocelyn A. Uy (c) 1993

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home